Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Progress

A lot has happened in the last two days.  I will have a website built hopefully by weeks end, I have secured a site for my studio, which should begin construction in under one month, and I have learned a lot of commercial-pre-photography as well.

Currently I am unhappy with my website.  I'd like to great a simpler layout and something that I can use interactively to upload things like videos and posts.  Luckily I have already found a friend willing to help out with this, and work has already begun!

There was much debate about the location of our studio.  A lot of concerns about location in relation to surrounding population, as well as practicality of studio space itself.  In the end, I'm happy with the choices we've made.  The studio will be located on 740 Supertest Rd, Toronto Ontario.  Pictures of the site and construction will come in the following weeks/months.  Looks like our state of the art studio will be comfortably large, at a small cost to the convenience of location to our smaller retail clients.  Hopefully they'll be willing to make a slightly longer trek out to see us!  If not, we'd still be more than happy to see them ;).

As of today, we have secured access to the University of Toronto at Mississauga's Recreation, Wellness, and Athletics centre RAWC for some shots of our rower in their facility.  This will be very helpful to add a lot of impact to our photographs.  Imagine having our athlete working out with any number of sweaty goons behind her, their musky sheens spoiling my shot... gross.

Lastly, today we had a gig for a Corporate 'Learn-to-Row' at the Don Rowing Club for part of a corporate retreat.  It was a fairly last minute job but turned out quite well.  The best part is that thanks to my catching up with my editing over the past week.  I was able to completely edit all the photos from today's event and will hopefully be able to complete the transaction with my clients in the next couple of days.  Fantastic turnover for photography :).  (Some pictures of the corporate event below)












Thank you for reading!

David Dvir

No comments:

Post a Comment